Friday, November 18, 2011

First 'Libros Festival' on the go!

I’m really very much excited for the train of events for this year’s book month. If you notice my previous posts, I have been blogging about many events. The National Book Development Board (NBDB) has sponsored a lot of activities along with the Ayala Foundation’s Filipinas Heritage Library.

Now to update the whole thing, there will be a ‘Libros Festival’ on November 24 starting at 10am until November 26.

According to NBDB, the festival will be ‘a showcase of books, arts and performances’ to be witnessed at the Filipinas Heritage Library in Makati City.

As a fan of the literary world, I am confident that this will be a lot of fun. So for your eyes, here’s the line-up of events:

November 24, 2011 (Thursday)
10:30am Libros Festival Opening: Storytelling
2:00pm-4:00pm Writing for the Young Adult Reader (by Anvil Publishing)
5:00pm-7:00pm How To Write A Book by Dr. Isagani Cruz (Free admission)
6:00pm-9:00pm Advance Travel Writing by Kristine Fonacier ((Session 1 of 4) - P3,500 per head

November 25, 2011 (Friday)
2:00pm-4:00pm The Importance of Reading by Prof. Portia Padilla (Free admission)
6:00pm Concert by Noel Cabangon and Manila Chamber Orchestra Foundation (P250 per head)

November 26, 2011 (Saturday)
10:00am-12:00pm Storytelling and Arts and Crafts Workshops by Ilustrador ng Kabataan (Free admission)
2:00pm-5:00pm Young Adult Book Launching (Anvil publishing)
2:00pm-5:00pm Advanced Travel Writing by Kristine Fonacier (Session 2 of 4)

I would like to share that I have already reserved a seat for Isagani Cruz’s writing workshop and I am super excited for that day. Can you hear it? That’s my heart! Yay! See you there, ayt?

OMG! I am in love with this book month!

No comments:

Post a Comment